SUMMER SALE: SECOND KIDS DO NOT PAY FOR THIS TOUR
Your Puerto Plata tour starts with a comfortable bus trip from Puerto Plata heading south to reach the “Cibao” region in the center of the island. The first stop will be in the city of “Santiago de los Caballeros” (usually just called “Santiago”), which is the second most important city in the country. Visiting the cathedral and the historical center you will have excellent opportunities to take some nice photos. At the monument called “Heroes de la Restauracion” (heroes of the restoration) you will learn something about the history of the country. Later, as you stroll through an exhibition of ceramic articles, you will see how these articles are made (handcrafted).
The next part of your tour takes you into the nearby mountains to a ranch called “Rancho Jarabacoa”. This place is located in a beautiful landscape that reminds a little bit of the Alps in Europe and you will now explore these mountains. To visit a waterfall called “Salto Jimenoa” you can choose if you want to get there by horseback or jeep In any case, we recommend you to take a refreshing swim at the waterfall. After that, a varied and delicious buffet lunch is waiting for you.
In the afternoon you will return to the city of Santiago and visit the famous “Centro Leon”. This very professionally designed exhibition offers information on the cultivation, manufacture and export of the outstanding Dominican tobacco. Maybe you want to try and buy some of these quality cigars as original souvenir. Finally, you will again drive through the city of Santiago and return to Puerto Plata.
Some of the important details included in this tour:
- Cathedral of Santiago
- Historic Center of Santiago
- Monument “Heroes de la Restauracion” (Heroes of the Restoration)
- Exhibition of ceramic crafts
- Jarabacoa with ranch, waterfall, jeeps, horses, lunch
- Tobacco exhibition “Centro Leon”
Once your purchase is complete, you will receive an e-mail notification. If you have any questions please, chat with us.
- Transport by bus from Hotel to Altamira: 1:30 hours*
- Visit to Cocoa Factory and chocolate tasting: 30 minutes
- Transport to Tobacco Factory: 20 minutes
- Visit Tobacco Factory and Cigar Tasting: 45 minutes
- Transport to Jarabacoa Ranch: 1 hour
- Visit Ranch and Lunch time: 1:30 hours
- Transport by Safari Truck and Visit to Jimenoa Waterfall: 1:15 hours
- Transport to Santiago: 40 minutes
- Visit to Ceramic Crafts Exhibition: 30 minutes
- Visit Santiago City, Cathedral of Santiago and Historic Center: 1 hour
*Each way. Depends on Hotel Location
|Hotel||Pick-Up time||Meeting Point|
|BAHIA PRINCIPE SAN JUAN||6:30||Lobby|